Occasionally, a batch will 'hang' during the posting process and not show as available to be recovered in Batch Recovery. When this happens, follow these steps to 'unstick' the batch. Note: to be performed by GP Administrators only.
1. Run the following script against the company database. Replace XXX with the batch number or the name of the batch that you are trying to post.
UPDATE SY00500 SET MKDTOPST=0, BCHSTTUS=0 where BACHNUMB='XXX'
Note: The value of BACHNUMB is the same as the Batch ID in GP.
2. View the contents of the SY00800 table located in the DYNAMICS database to determine the value of the DEX_ROW_ID field for the batch that you are trying to recover. You can view the contents of this table by running the following script:
SELECT * FROM DYNAMICS..SY00800
Note: If no results are returned, go to step 5.
3. Run the following delete script, based on the results received in step 3. Replace XXX with the DEX_ROW_ID value of the batch that you are trying to recover:
DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800 where DEX_ROW_ID= 'XXX'
The preceding steps will free up the batch for edit and posting. Once the batch is again available:
4. Verify the accuracy of the transactions.
5. Verify that you can edit and post the batches.